New Horizon Gurukul (NHG), as the name suggests, blends the heritage of the ancient Gurukul tradition and modern methods to learning in a unique system that has been made popular by the school. Learning takes place in an eco friendly environment reminiscing the Gurukula of a time gone by. This unique Gurukul concept is skilfully facilitated by the guru (teacher) to empower the Shishya’s (student) experiential learning. The objective of this technique is to develop the holistic personality of the student, making him/her a better, happier and healthier individual.
How Our World is Different
A new genteel world conceptualized for the Seekers .The years of learning are made student friendly. Students carry minimum text books and note books to the school. A special feature at New Horizon Gurukul is the one-to-one relationship between the GURU AND THE SHISHYA. With a lot of patience, care and concern, the teachers,empowered by attending multiple workshops, make their sessions interesting and inspiring.
Our Core Beliefs
- Every child can succeed.
- Motivation, encouragement and hard work are the cornerstones of a child’s success.
- Values such as truth, honesty, respect for others, humility, self-esteem and positive thinking are essential for emotional stability and the development of the individual.
- Creativity in learning is a key success factor.
- The “Healthy body, healthy mind” principle is the basis of personality development.
- The art of teaching is the art of assisted discovery.
- Life skills are an important component of a holistic education
- To develop traits of positive thinking, right attitude and acceptable behavior.
- To instill life skills.
- To create an atmosphere for shishyas to realize and to maximize their potential.
- To encourage collaboration, cooperation and team spirit in all activities.
- To build a congenial relationship between Guru and shishya; shishya and shishya; shishya and other adults.
- To nurture individuality.
How would New Horizon Gurukul benefit the student’s education ?
At NHG, the student is the shishya of a Gurukul, embodied in the timeless traditions of our glorious past enriching himself / herself from the values of the Bhagavad Gita and the Puranas.The atmosphere of a Gurukul fosters academic excellence, understanding, brilliance, spiritual well-being, creative skills, social responsibility and a commitment towards environmental concerns. It teaches the child to practice kindness and fairness in all his dealings and never accept anything lesser than the best.
A shishya from Gurukul will have the wisdom of his mentors to be able to contribute positively to society and community life.
New Horizon Gurukul blends ancient values with modern learning tools has a positively energizing, intellectually challenging learning and enjoyable environment to develop formative and summative assessment of students learning.